SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Call for Help for Ex-EPS Workers

2 posters

Go down

A Call for Help for Ex-EPS Workers Empty A Call for Help for Ex-EPS Workers

Post by ernie obias Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:01 pm

Good afternoon to my fellow OFWs. Anybody here who knows legitimate agencies aside from POEA who can help/assist our fellow EPS whose contract are finished and still want to come back here in Seoul?
Any information related to this concern will be of great help to our fellow OFWs who wished to continue to work here in Seoul but will not pay a huge amount of money. This is also to avoid "abuse" to OFWs by some "brokers". This group called "brokers" is the one who look for employers here in Seoul and will recommend an OFW in exchange of unjust amount of money (more than a hundred bucks! huh!). I received this information from other OFWs, particularly former EPS workers whose contract is finished and wished to work again here in Seoul. What they're doing is they grab the offer of these brokers to get a new employer, however they will pay unjust amount of money.
Do you think this is really a help to these people? Of course not, I think we as OFW can help each other by posting information related to these concern, and also to stop the practices of these people called "brokers".

ernie obias
Super Sipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 02/07/2009

Back to top Go down

A Call for Help for Ex-EPS Workers Empty Re: A Call for Help for Ex-EPS Workers

Post by lumad Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:55 am

ernie obias wrote:Good afternoon to my fellow OFWs. Anybody here who knows legitimate agencies aside from POEA who can help/assist our fellow EPS whose contract are finished and still want to come back here in Seoul?
Any information related to this concern will be of great help to our fellow OFWs who wished to continue to work here in Seoul but will not pay a huge amount of money. This is also to avoid "abuse" to OFWs by some "brokers". This group called "brokers" is the one who look for employers here in Seoul and will recommend an OFW in exchange of unjust amount of money (more than a hundred bucks! huh!). I received this information from other OFWs, particularly former EPS workers whose contract is finished and wished to work again here in Seoul. What they're doing is they grab the offer of these brokers to get a new employer, however they will pay unjust amount of money.
Do you think this is really a help to these people? Of course not, I think we as OFW can help each other by posting information related to these concern, and also to stop the practices of these people called "brokers".

Kabayan Ernie,

As far I know, there is no legitimate agencies, because Employment Permit System (EPS) is a government to government agreement.

Only POEA is authorized under the Memorandum of Understanding, newly signed between ROK and the Philippines.

Thank you very much kabayan.
God bless you

lumad
lumad
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 15/07/2009

Back to top Go down