SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goals and Resolutions

3 posters

Go down

Goals and Resolutions Empty Goals and Resolutions

Post by dave Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:14 am

Hello Everyone,

I would like to share you again my composition about goals and resolutions. This was actually published at SULYAPINOY on its January issue to coincide with the New Year’s celebration. I hope this is a worth reading to you and could give a better outlook to your life throughout the year.

Goals, Resolutions, and the New Year
by Dondave Jabay

The New Year is a great time to set some goals and resolutions. A time to renew, refresh, recommit, “re-” everything we can as the New Year unfolds its promises. The end of the year is also a great time to reflect on 2007. It is the best time to review the holistic aspect of our life.

Being the somewhat pessimistic person that I am, I usually tend to focus on what went wrong in the previous year. But I realized it was also good to think about what went right as well -- how God showed His faithfulness to me. Now, as I start setting up my goals and resolutions, I am inviting all of you to do the same too.

I suggest writing down a list on how God have been good to you in 2007. In the family, health, work, business, friendship, community, love affair, and others -- let’s think of ways on how God showed His love to us last year. Then take some time to ask God to show our faithfulness in this brand new year. What are some of our hopes and what can we do to accomplish them -- or to at least get on the path to accomplishing them?

Next, let’s write down some personal goals for this year. I suggest using the following tool acronym S.M.A.R.T. authored by management expert Peter Drucker in making our personal goals. I usually do these both in my previous and current job, every time we set our quarterly objectives, but I believe it will work for our personal goals too.

Specific - You should describe specifically the result that you desired. Don't just say "Lose weight." Decide to "Lose 12 pounds."

Measurable - Establish concrete criteria for measuring progress toward the attainment of each goal you set. To determine if your goal is measurable, ask questions such as... How much? How many? How will I know when it is accomplished?

Achievable - When you identify goals that are most important to you, you begin to figure out ways you can make them come true. You develop the attitudes, abilities, skills, and financial capacity to reach them. You begin reviewing previously overlooked opportunities to bring yourself closer to the achievement of your goals. To be a perfect employee / husband / wife / son / daughter / lover or friend is an admirable goal, but nobody is perfect, no matter how resolved you are. You should make your resolution something that is possible like -- "Improve your next year's performance review by at least one grade or one level."

Realistic - We've only got so many hours in the day, so let us make our goals realistic based on what resources and tools we've got on hand. To be realistic, a goal must represent an objective towards which we are both willing and able to work. A goal can be both high and realistic; we are the only one who can decide of how high our goal should be.

Timely - A goal should be grounded within a time frame. Without time frame tied to it there's no sense of urgency. Since these are New Year's resolutions, set goals that you can reach utmost within the next 12 months. Giving ourselves “deadlines" of sorts will help us figure out where and when we should be while tracking our progress.

After we have identified our goals, it is best to sort them into categories:

• Spiritual Life
• Health
• Work
• Relationships
• Fun

Last but not the least, I believe this is the most important thing we must do; ask for God's grace to guide us on our way. Many people make lists of so many things for their New Year's, but most don’t follow through with their resolutions.

As we know ourselves, only through prayers and faith, surely, we'll accomplish everything we set for.

May you have a happy and a prosperous life throughout the year!
dave
dave
FEWA - Administrative Adviser
FEWA - Administrative Adviser

Number of posts : 1567
Cellphone no. : 010-9294-4365
Registration date : 11/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Goals and Resolutions Empty year of the rat

Post by Elizer Penaranda Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Tama po basta always think for the positive side and positive din ang resulta. bounce
Elizer Penaranda
Elizer Penaranda
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 14/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Goals and Resolutions Empty thanks

Post by amie sison Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:23 pm

wow it's already a month of march to reply here...anyway what important was the message of he article that really helped for my next new year resolutions....im not a person doing a list of new resolutions becaused i realized i always failed to do every year...i hope on 2009 will be something different...thank you kuya!
amie sison
amie sison
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor

Number of posts : 2332
Registration date : 07/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Goals and Resolutions Empty Re: Goals and Resolutions

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down