SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I renew my Driver’s License if I’m out of the country?godbless to all

2 posters

Go down

How can I renew my Driver’s License if I’m out of the country?godbless to all Empty How can I renew my Driver’s License if I’m out of the country?godbless to all

Post by josephpatrol Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:42 am

Q: How can I renew my Driver’s License if I’m out of the country?
A: LTO accepts driver’s license renewals while abroad. Administrative Order (AO)
No. 88-002 dated 08 November 1988 entitled: “Validating the Expired Driver’s License of Overseas Workers” provides the following requirements and procedure to wit:

1. Certificate of Employment
2. Photocopies of Passport (first page, visa-page & departure page-indicating the date of last departure in the Phil. & date of last arrival overseas);
3. Letter of Authority to authorized representative;
4. Photo-copy of driver’s license and driver’s license receipt (DLR), if available;
5. Venue are:

(a) LTO, License Section Central Office – within National Capital Region
(b) Any LTO District Offices / Licensing Centers – Outside Metro Manila
6. The driver’s license shall be validated by issuing a driver’s license receipt (DLR) which will serve as temporary driver’s license (TDL);
7. The license shall present himself/herself within thirty (30) days upon arrival to the same office where the renewal was made for photo-taking and to submit the following;
(a) driver’s license
(b) drug-test result
(c) medical certificate
(d) TIN
(e) photo-copy of passport
8. Fees:
Non-Professional - P 180.00
Professional - P 240.00
Penalties (1 year) (2 years) (3 years)
Non-Professional - P 30.00 P 60.00 P 90.00
Professional - P 40.00 P 80.00 P 120.00

Please take note however, that such DLR issued to you is acceptable to Automotive Association of the Philippine (AAP), a private company which caters the issuance of International Driving Permit located at #683 Aurora Blvd., QC, For more details, you may call at this no. (02) 723-08-08 .
Q: I have a valid foreign driver’s license. Can I use it in the Philippines?
A: Yes, 3 months from date of arrival.
Q: Can I convert my foreign driver’s license into Philippine driver’s license?
A: Yes. If valid, no exams. If expired subject to written / practical exams.
Q: I had a Philippine driver’s license before I went abroad. Could I still use it
upon arrival in the Philippines? Which license am I going to use? My foreign driver’s license or any Philippine driver’s license?
A: If both are valid, you can use any of the two driver’s license.
A: Chapter III, Sec. 21 of the Republic Act (RA) 4136, otherwise
known as the “Land Transportation and Traffic Code” states that:.
“Bonafide tourists and similar transients who are duly licensed to operate motor vehicles in their respective countries may be allowed to operate during but not after (90) days of their sojourn in the Philippines.”
Nothing in this article shall be construed to prohibit the licensee for an option to convert valid foreign driver’s license to Philippine driver’s license within the period of ninety (90) days from the date of his last arrival in the Philippines.
However, if the foreign driver’s license is not written in English, such driver’s license should always be accompanied by an Official English translation issued by the Local Embassy of the issuing country.
Memorandum Circular (MC) No. 495-2004 date 24 February 2004 entitled “Amendments to EMA-MC-01366 dated 09 October 2001 Re: “Revised Guidelines on Conversion of Foreign Driver’s Into Philippine Driver’s License” provides the following requirements and procedure, to wit:
1. Original and 1 (one) photocopy of valid foreign license. If the foreign driver’s license in not in English Language, the applicant should submit an official English translation from the local Embassy of the issuing Country;
2. Original and machine copy of a valid passport showing the latest date of arrival in the Philippines of the foreign applicant;
3. Original and machine copy of valid visa or Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) if the foreign applicant temporarily resides in the Philippines;
4. Original copy of Medical Certificate issued by an LTO accredited or government physician;
5. Original copy of drug test result issued by DOH Accredited Drug Testing Center;
6. If, foreign license is expired, applicant shall undergo written and practical examinations;
7. TIN card (photocopy) / TIN No.;
8. Fees: Non-Professional
License Fee - P 180.00
Application Fee - P 25.00
Conversion Fee - P 30.00
Computer Fee - P 52.80
TOTAL - P 287.80
9. Venue: LTO, Main Office, East Ave., QC, or any LTO District Offices / Licensing Centers nationwide.
10. Restriction Code is limited to “1” (motorcycle/motorized tricycles) & “2” (motor vehicles up to 4500 kgs. GVW) only.
Valid or not, if a foreign driver’s license is converted into Professional driver’s license, an applicant is required to undergo a written and practical examinations. An applicant must present proof as to why there is a need to secure a Professional driver’s license, such as:
1. Venue: If an applicant is hired as a company employee, the following documents must be presented:
(a) Original copy of Police / NBI / Court Clearance issued from the area of residence;
(b) Original and machine copy of Certificate of Employment from local employer or foreign employer in the Philippines;
(c) Original and machine copy valid working visa issued by the Bureau of Immigration or valid working permit issued by the Department of labor and Employment.
2. Venue: If the applicant operates his or her own business, the following documents must be presented:
(a) Original copy of Police / NBI / Court Clearance issued from the area of residence;
(b) Original and machine copy of Investment Permit duly issued by the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) or Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) if the foreign applicant operates his own business;
(c) Original and machine copy of certificate of registration and current official receipt of payment if there is a need to operate a motor vehicle classified as “Heavy”. The said vehicle must be the one used as the test drive vehicle during the actual examination and therefore shall determine the appropriate restriction thereof;
3. Fees: Professional
License Fee - P 240.00
Application Fee - P 25.00
Conversion Fee - P 30.00
Computer Fee - P 52.80
TOTAL - P 347.80
Please take note that Professional driver’s license holder allows all types/classifications of motor vehicles specified in the reverse side of the Philippine driver’s license card, however, written & practical examination according to type/classification of motor vehicle being applied for.
Q: If ever the driver’s license is lost, what are the requirements
and procedures in acquiring one?
A: The following are the requirements and procedures to wit:
1. Affidavit of Loss;
2. Law Enforcement Clearance, LTO-Regional Office ( if the application is outside Metro Manila);
3. Filing of Certification of License Records-LTO, License Section, East Ave. QC / any LTO Agency.
4. Duplicate and renewal (if the driver’s license is renewable) of driver’s license at the LTO – Agency, transact anywhere if previously automated.

Please take note that the renewal of driver’s license is simultaneous with the application of duplicate driver’s license. Licensing Fees varies, it depends on the expiry date & the date of application with LTO.
Q: I want to get an International Driver’s License. What are the requirements
and procedures, and where am I going to apply?
A: With reference to your query, may we refer you to Automotive Association
of the Philippines (AAP) located at 683 Aurora Blvd., QC with tel. no. (02) 723-08-08 for more details.
Q: I’m currently out of the country and I would like to request for copies
of my driver’s license records in the Philippines. How can I obtain this?
A: With reference to your query, hereunder is the requirements & procedures to wit:
1. The authorized representative here in the Philippines may file your written request at LTO, License Section, W-10, East Avenue, QC;
2. Certification Fee is P30.00;
3. State your purpose;
4. For easy reference, please include in your request complete name, birthday, and driver’s license no., if available.
5. Certification is being issued by mail or through representative (due to issuance of Official Receipts and use of Security papers for authentication purposes).
Q: Where are your One-Stop-Shops located?
A: With reference to your query relative to LTO One Stop Shop, we have
express lanes/booths on the following venues:
1. 3rd Floor, Fairmart Flaza, Cubao, QC
2. SM, San Fernando, Pampanga
3. Araneta Square Mall-Caloocan
4. Metropoint Mall-Pasay City
4. Ayala MRT, Makati City
5. Ayala Alabang, Muntinlupa
josephpatrol
josephpatrol
Board Member
Board Member

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 02/06/2009

Back to top Go down

How can I renew my Driver’s License if I’m out of the country?godbless to all Empty Re: How can I renew my Driver’s License if I’m out of the country?godbless to all

Post by enaj Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:28 pm

tnx poh sa info....
enaj
enaj
Baranggay Captain 1st Term
Baranggay Captain 1st Term

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 21/03/2009

Back to top Go down