SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korea's First Multilingual Radio Program to be Aired

2 posters

Go down

Korea's First Multilingual Radio Program to be Aired Empty Korea's First Multilingual Radio Program to be Aired

Post by Elizer Penaranda Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:33 pm

Korea’s First Multilingual Radio Program to Be Aired

By Dondave Jabay

Seoul, South Korea - Aiming to promote cultural diversity by providing information about Korean traditional culture and customs, Woongjin Foundation in cooperation with Digital Radio KISS and Digital Skynet is scheduled to launch its Korea’s first Multilingual Radio Station in August this year.

Multicultural Family Program, the specific title of the program also intends to help migrants and new residents of South Korea enhance their cultural identity and pride. It will be aired in Filipino, Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai languages.

The Filipino program will play different genres which include Filipino music, broadcast both Filipino and Korean news, basic Korean language study, talks on culture and customs, and other entertaining topics. The program is basically for foreign spouses of Koreans and their families and all foreign workers in South Korea.

Ms. Maria Regina P. Arquiza, a Mass Communication graduate in St. Scholastica’s College- Manila and currently studying at Ewha Womans University in Seoul as a scholar taking up Advertising and Public Relations and Division of International Studies was chosen to be a Philippine DJ and producer of the said program. “It’s an honor to be chosen as a Philippine DJ of the program. I feel so blessed of having this kind of opportunity. For me, it’s not a job, it's a passion. It's overwhelming and at the same time fulfilling. I've always wanted to serve for any kind of task that has something to do with women and Filipinos.

“My basic jobs as a DJ and program producer are: do research for news, program content, issues related to Filipinos in Korea like Korean spouses and migrant workers; write my own scripts; plans for the program format; and collects and choose the songs that I will be playing for every program,” she added.

The program is to be aired daily at 3am, 9am, 3pm, and 9pm starting from August 1 through Skylife channel 855 and C&M Cable. By September, the program is also expected to be available through the internet. “This is the first and only radio station for Filipinos here in Korea which means that this is for all of us, Filipinos. I am really hoping that a lot of Filipinos will support this program. This can also be a way for us to disseminate information, to raise our concerns, express our thoughts, and use this as our voice and be heard,” Arquiza shared.

Also, she is the current SULYAPINOY editorial adviser and giving the opportunity to deal with migrant workers and the concerned issues help her to be aware of the present situation of the OFWs in South Korea. “Like SULYAPINOY, the intention of being able to serve for Filipinos is what makes me continue in trying to balance everything despite my heavy workload in the university,” Arquiza said.

“I am expecting that this multilingual radio broadcasting program is going to serve as a bridge to the gap between Koreans and Filipinos. It’s about time for us to understand each culture,” she added.
Elizer Penaranda
Elizer Penaranda
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 14/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Korea's First Multilingual Radio Program to be Aired Empty Re: Korea's First Multilingual Radio Program to be Aired

Post by amie sison Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:12 am

best way to help foreigners. mixed of music and culture for the right taste of every migrants...
amie sison
amie sison
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor

Number of posts : 2332
Registration date : 07/02/2008

Back to top Go down