SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite poem?

3 posters

Go down

What's your favorite poem? Empty What's your favorite poem?

Post by goodheart Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:42 am

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

..... reading this poem 15 years ago has been one of my defining moments. every word written are true to its form. it's one of those poem that i wholeheartedly memorized and internalized so profoundly. i could say that this literary piece is a great help in how i see life and how i deal with my everyday existence. every time i fail,every time im lost, every time i feel unloved and forgotten, every time i hurt someone, every time someone hurt me, every time i cry, every time i'm grasping at straws.... every time situations are so beyond me, every time i almost stop dreaming....... this poem brings me back to sanity and life. perhaps this poem can be my life's final epitaph ( a very long one though).
goodheart
goodheart
Board Member
Board Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 11/06/2008

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite poem? Empty Re: What's your favorite poem?

Post by angel Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:35 am

wow desiderata, naalala ko tuloy yung highshool days ko...i like that poem i used to memorize that when i was in highschool hahaha ngaun limot ko na..thanks for sharing that poem again... flower
angel
angel
Board Member
Board Member

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 19/04/2008

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite poem? Empty nice poem

Post by _Angelica_ Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:33 pm

favorite ko rin to dati...ang ganda ng poem na to...thank u for sharing goodheart...ang galing ng mga articles mo dito...ingat lagi...
_Angelica_
_Angelica_
Super Sipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 19/06/2008

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite poem? Empty Re: What's your favorite poem?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down