SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY IS THE PHILIPPINES POOR?

+3
BLyTHe
xfiles
tiko_rusl
7 posters

Go down

WHY  IS THE PHILIPPINES  POOR? Empty WHY IS THE PHILIPPINES POOR?

Post by tiko_rusl Sat May 31, 2008 4:23 pm

THE DIFFERENCE

The difference between the poor countries and the rich ones is not the age of the country:

This can be shown by countries like India & Egypt , which are more than 2000 years old, but are poor.

On the other hand, Canada , Australia & New Zealand, 150 years ago were inexpressive, today are developed countries, and are rich.

The difference between poor & rich countries does not reside in the available natural resources.

Japan has a limited territory, 80% mountainous, inadequate for agriculture & cattle-raising, but it is the second world economy. The country is like an immense floating factory, importing raw materials from the whole world and exporting manufactured products.

Another example is Switzerland , which does not plant cocoa but has the best chocolate in the world. In its little territory they raise animals and plant the soil during 4 months per year. Not enough, they produce dairy products of the best quality! It is a small country that transmits an image of security, order & labor, which made it the world's strongest, safest place.

Executives from rich countries who communicate with their counterparts in poor countries show that there is no significant intellectual difference.

Race or skin color are also not important: immigrants labeled lazy in their countries of origin are the productive power in rich European countries.

What is the difference then? The difference is the attitude of the people, framed along the years by the education & the culture & flawed tradition.

On analyzing the behavior of the people in rich & developed countries, we find that the great majority follow the following principles in their lives:

1. Ethics, as a basic principle.
2. Integrity.
3. Responsibility.
4. Respect to the laws & rules.
5. Respect to the rights of other citizens.
6. Work loving.
7. Strive for savings & investment.
8. Will of super action.
9. Punctuality.
10. and of course...Discipline

In poor countries, only a minority follow these basic principles in their daily life.

The Philippines is not poor because we lack natural resources or because nature was cruel to us. In fact, we are supposedly rich in natural resources.

We are poor because we lack the correct attitude. We lack the will to comply with and teach these functional principles of rich & developed societies.

Smile by: Dr. Arsenio Martin of Fort Arthur , Texas

tiko_rusl
Super Sipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 27/05/2008

Back to top Go down

WHY  IS THE PHILIPPINES  POOR? Empty That's the difference!

Post by xfiles Sat May 31, 2008 4:54 pm

Mabuhay ka "tiko_rusl"!

thanks for sharing!
xfiles
xfiles
SULYAP' Photojournalist/Video Editor
SULYAP' Photojournalist/Video Editor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 25/03/2008

Back to top Go down

WHY  IS THE PHILIPPINES  POOR? Empty Re: WHY IS THE PHILIPPINES POOR?

Post by BLyTHe Sat May 31, 2008 7:43 pm

Very well said. The rich class, have kept for many years, the middle class small. And the middle class have kept the poor -lowly poor. I guess to their convenience, to keep themselves rich. Also, previous leaders of our country had a lot to do with this situation. With the advent of the internet, many things have changed and education of the Filipinos with it. But the attitude of "playing smart" or nagmamarunong still lingers. Don't get me wrong, there are many Filipinos that are very good workers, but I guess there are still many others that still play the "playing smart" card.

I am not ashamed of this, and with this comment, I have to say that, as time have passed, and by educating myself more, I have opened my eyes to a different world, and accepted that the Filipino population still needs to learn more about the world, and educate themselves to become better people, and to work toward a better country, because if the country gets better, the rest comes with it.

I would also like to quote my weblog friend SugarGAME in her comment to GRABEH Community, she said "A lot of people indicate this and various forms of low self esteem, self hate, lack of pride, etc. as the root problem.

In my opinion these are just symptoms of a more fundamental problem: our lack of any collective achievement or accomplishment to speak of as a people.

It's very simple:

There can be no pride without achievement.

Any calls for "national pride" without a proven track record of achievement will always be hollow at best.

So instead of mounting a sloganeering effort calling for national pride, calls for action should focus on achieving, accomplishing, and results".
BLyTHe
BLyTHe
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 08/02/2008

Back to top Go down

WHY  IS THE PHILIPPINES  POOR? Empty Philippines is not poor ...

Post by angel Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:07 pm

I do believe that Philippines is not really poor, we are very rich in natural resources. Only the people of the Philippines,ourselves, make our country poor. Most of us will say I love the Philippines but their action don't show that they do. They will buy products that are not made in the Philippines. But when our products were recognized by other country that's the only time that they will appreciate it. Some of our Kababayans also having a hard time following the Philippine laws but why is it when they step into other countries they are very careful in following their laws. Big factor in the success of one country is the correct attitude and character of the people living in it. For us to be able to uplift the situation now of the Philippines is to help each other and to help our own country not only by words but through action.
angel
angel
Board Member
Board Member

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 19/04/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by amie sison Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:36 am

PILIPINAS SA AKING MGA MATA

Ang Pilipinas na aking ngayo'y inaapakan
Masaya na maging isang balikbayan
Ngunit napagmasdan ang kahirapan
Na hindi malaman kung ano ang dahilan.

Wala na sa Presidente ang kasalanan
Upang mga Pilipino'y kanyang paglingkuran
Ito'y nasa pagkukusa ng bawat kababayan
Magtulungan para sa ating kaunlaran.

Matibay daw ang ating piso
Ngunit butas ang bulsa ng mga Pilipino
At ang lahat ay nagrereklamo
Sa pagtaas ng mga presyo ng mga produkto.

Nagulat din ako sa aking pag uwi
Di sapat ang uwing salapi
Sa halaga ng mga dapat ibili
Sa bawat pagkonsumo pinag uiisipan uli-uli.

Maraming problema ang ating bayan
Nasasaktan na aking tignan
Si Juan dela Cruz nakasalpak sa kahirapan
Nag iisip kung kailan ang kaunlaran.
amie sison
amie sison
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor

Number of posts : 2332
Registration date : 07/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Cielo Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:09 pm

oo nga namn
ang mostly kc sating mga pinoy hindi marunong sumunod sa batas
walang desiplina
yan sa tingin ko ang unang bagay na dapat natin baguhin mga pinoy
Cielo
Cielo
Seosaengnim
Seosaengnim

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 18/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by rubiah Thu May 07, 2009 11:37 am

korek, hindi talaga aasenso ang pinas pag walang disiplina ang mga tao. isang halimbawa ay ang pedestrian lane. meron na ngang nakalagay, hindi parin sinusunod ng mga tao.
rubiah
rubiah
Baranggay Tanod
Baranggay Tanod

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 09/03/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down