SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Korea Passes Revisions on Immigration Law ( Good News for all filipinos in South Korea)

+2
tachy
samuraix
6 posters

Go down

South Korea Passes Revisions on Immigration Law ( Good News for all filipinos in South Korea) Empty South Korea Passes Revisions on Immigration Law ( Good News for all filipinos in South Korea)

Post by samuraix Sat May 01, 2010 8:04 am

Filipinos in South Korea were advised Friday of revisions to the immigration laws of South Korea allowing for dual citizenship to people meeting certain conditions.

The Department of Foreign Affairs, citing a report from the Philippine Embassy in Seoul, said this is aimed at preventing brain drain and bringing in talented foreigners.

In an article on its website, the DFA said the revisions in the nationality act allowing dual citizenship applies to:

* Foreigners with "exceptional talent"
* Foreigners married to South Koreans
* Koreans adopted overseas as minors
* Koreans who gained foreign nationality through marriage
* Overseas Koreans who are over 65 years old, and
* Koreans who gained dual citizenship at birth, if they apply for dual citizenship and take the oath of allegiance before turning 22 years old.

Previously, South Korea allowed naturalization only for foreigners who lived there for five years or longer and those who married Korean nationals and have stayed in the country for over two years.

On the other hand, the new immigration law also allowed the collection of fingerprints and photos of foreigners arriving in the country to bolster security against terrorism.

"This law would apply to foreigners 17 years old or older, except for officials of foreign governments and international organizations, as well as others exempted under a presidential decree," the DFA said.—JV, GMANews.TV

here is the link from DFA:
http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/newsroom/dfa-releases/1089-south-korea-passes-revisions-on-immigration-law

samuraix
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 16/04/2009

Back to top Go down

South Korea Passes Revisions on Immigration Law ( Good News for all filipinos in South Korea) Empty Re: South Korea Passes Revisions on Immigration Law ( Good News for all filipinos in South Korea)

Post by tachy Sat May 01, 2010 12:34 pm

tanong lang po, covered ba nito ung mga legal worker d2 sa korea na naka-stay ng straight 5 yrs or 6 yrs? ano-anu po ang mga conditions?salamat po

tachy
Super Sipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 21/12/2008

Back to top Go down

South Korea Passes Revisions on Immigration Law ( Good News for all filipinos in South Korea) Empty Re: South Korea Passes Revisions on Immigration Law ( Good News for all filipinos in South Korea)

Post by johncarlos Sun May 02, 2010 9:07 pm

thanks for the info.. Smile

johncarlos
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 04/04/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Emart Mon May 03, 2010 2:52 pm

samuraix wrote:Filipinos in South Korea were advised Friday of revisions to the immigration laws of South Korea allowing for dual citizenship to people meeting certain conditions.

The Department of Foreign Affairs, citing a report from the Philippine Embassy in Seoul, said this is aimed at preventing brain drain and bringing in talented foreigners.

In an article on its website, the DFA said the revisions in the nationality act allowing dual citizenship applies to:

* Foreigners with "exceptional talent"
* Foreigners married to South Koreans
* Koreans adopted overseas as minors
* Koreans who gained foreign nationality through marriage
* Overseas Koreans who are over 65 years old, and
* Koreans who gained dual citizenship at birth, if they apply for dual citizenship and take the oath of allegiance before turning 22 years old.

Previously, South Korea allowed naturalization only for foreigners who lived there for five years or longer and those who married Korean nationals and have stayed in the country for over two years.

On the other hand, the new immigration law also allowed the collection of fingerprints and photos of foreigners arriving in the country to bolster security against terrorism.

"This law would apply to foreigners 17 years old or older, except for officials of foreign governments and international organizations, as well as others exempted under a presidential decree," the DFA said.—JV, GMANews.TV

here is the link from DFA:
http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/newsroom/dfa-releases/1089-south-korea-passes-revisions-on-immigration-law

Tumawag ako sa Immigration today to inquire about this topic. Sabi ng immigration councilor na nakausap ko ay sa Jan 2011 pa daw ito ma-implement. Then ask ko kung ano mga requirements, sabi nya not finalized pa. Kapag malapit na implementation then ilalabas nila ang requirements for this dual nationality.
Emart
Emart
Board Member
Board Member

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 31/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by analynshin Mon May 03, 2010 4:36 pm

sir emart,

ask ko lng po kc kuha po ako ng re entry permit pauwi po kc ako ng pinas,, 9 months n po me dito sa korea then uwi me this june counted po b un stay ko dito ng 9 months, kc d bah pag korean wives ka dapt two years stay dito sa korea para sa citizenship,,kaso po uwi ako ng pinas for two week pag balik ko po bah eh bact to base n nmn bah me,,dati po kc nagtanong kmi sa immigration ng asawa ko last year kun pag halimbawa ba na umuwi ako eh kun icacansel bah un saty ko dito hindi nmn daw,,,counted pa rin daw un,,but i have a friend na umuwi lng this year canceld na daw un saty niya na 6 months dito back to base n nmn daw xa,, ano po ba yun nagbago na bah ang rules about sa paguwi ng mga immigrant wives,,, thanks po i hope na masagot nio po ang katanungan ko salamt,,,
analynshin
analynshin
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Registration date : 16/12/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by analynshin Mon May 03, 2010 4:38 pm

ps.

if ever na mapatupad nga un dual citizen so gusto ko n rin mag pa citizen kc po pinagiisipan ko pa about sa citizenship eh kc nga wla cla ditong dual so im hoping na mapatupad nga yan,,its good for all the korean wives,,,,more power to us,,
analynshin
analynshin
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Emart Mon May 03, 2010 4:47 pm

analynshin wrote:sir emart,

ask ko lng po kc kuha po ako ng re entry permit pauwi po kc ako ng pinas,, 9 months n po me dito sa korea then uwi me this june counted po b un stay ko dito ng 9 months, kc d bah pag korean wives ka dapt two years stay dito sa korea para sa citizenship,,kaso po uwi ako ng pinas for two week pag balik ko po bah eh bact to base n nmn bah me,,dati po kc nagtanong kmi sa immigration ng asawa ko last year kun pag halimbawa ba na umuwi ako eh kun icacansel bah un saty ko dito hindi nmn daw,,,counted pa rin daw un,,but i have a friend na umuwi lng this year canceld na daw un saty niya na 6 months dito back to base n nmn daw xa,, ano po ba yun nagbago na bah ang rules about sa paguwi ng mga immigrant wives,,, thanks po i hope na masagot nio po ang katanungan ko salamt,,,

You can call immigration directly at 1345 for your inquiry.... or send a question to https://www.epeople.go.kr/jsp/user/on/eng/FrnPcCvreqForm.jsp
Emart
Emart
Board Member
Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by analynshin Mon May 03, 2010 4:57 pm

sir they can spaaek english bah,kc kun hangeul d p me marunong,,,
analynshin
analynshin
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Emart Mon May 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Yes, English. Ako rin hindi marunong mag hanggukmal
Emart
Emart
Board Member
Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by marj Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm

analynshin wrote:sir emart,

counted ang stay mo d2 sis...
minus lang yung pag-uwi mo ng pinas.

for example...
feb 12, 2009 ka dumating d2...
then umuwi ka ng pinas for a month b4 ka mag-2years dito...
you can't apply for citizenship ng eksaktong feb. 12, 2011.
kylngan palipasin mo muna ang isang buwan b4 u apply kc nabawas yun sa bilang ng length of stay mo dito sa korea. Very Happy
marj
marj
Seosaengnim
Seosaengnim

Number of posts : 1859
Registration date : 08/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down