SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our very own Ms. Regina Arquiza featured on Koreatimes!

+7
rubiah
goodheart
lyn
lumad
marzy
BLyTHe
zack
11 posters

Go down

Our very own Ms. Regina Arquiza featured on Koreatimes! Empty Our very own Ms. Regina Arquiza featured on Koreatimes!

Post by zack Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Busy Is a Blessing to Filipino DJ

Our very own Ms. Regina Arquiza featured on Koreatimes! 09072210

By Chung Eun-ji
Contributing Writer

Some people today complain about being too busy. However, one multiplayer lives a 24/7 life and calls it a ``blessing.''

Maria Regina P. Arquiza is a 26-year-old from the Philippines currently studying advertising and public relations at Ewha Womans University.

To list just a few extra things she does: she writes feature articles as an editorial advisor of the newsletter ``Sulyapinoy'' for Filipino workers, is president of the student council organization of Filipino students in Korea, and is a translator for the magazine ``Rainbow'' for multicultural families.

She is also a DJ for the first radio program in Korea for immigrants from the Philippines, sponsored by Woongjin foundation, which airs daily.

``Everything I do now is such an invaluable experience which would have been hard to gain if I was only in the Philippines. These days I have so much fun recording the radio program for spouses who may have difficultly living in Korea due to cultural and language problems. I'm very touched when I happen to meet Filipinos and they say `I listen to you,''' Regina said.

And she seems to enjoy her busy life. ``There are tons of things to do. But if you like what you're doing, you don't feel the burden. I rather feel blessed to have a chance to study in Korea and experience all this.''

Regina was offered a full scholarship to Ewha in 2006. She seized the chance and came to Korea. She had a job after finishing college in the Philippines, but was always interested in Korea and Korean culture, which she was only acquainted with through Korean dramas and movies.

Before she received the scholarship, she searched the Internet and sent e-mails asking if Korean universities provide any scholarships to international students. It was the first year that the university launched the ``Ewha Global Partnership Program'' and Regina was chosen to be one of the first beneficiaries.

``It was my first time being abroad so it definitely was a big challenge for me to come to Korea. But I felt more excited than scared. I was willing to take the risk because I knew nothing would happen if I didn't try for it. I wanted to improve and develop myself more,'' she said.

``I take classes with Korean students and get the feeling that they are full of competing with others and obsessed with getting A-pluses. Many of them also seem to be afraid of taking challenges. I want to tell them, 'Don't be afraid to get out of your box and experience new things,''' she added.

Now, she has one semester left and is planning to enter graduate school in Korea and study her major more.

``When my studies are done, I plan to go back to the Philippines and work for a Korean company or teach at universities and share my dynamic experience with others,'' Regina said. She is DJ-ing her own life ― and enjoying it.

comoros@hanmail.net

Source : http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2009/07/181_48934.html
zack
zack
Root Admin
Root Admin

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 06/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Our very own Ms. Regina Arquiza featured on Koreatimes! Empty Re: Our very own Ms. Regina Arquiza featured on Koreatimes!

Post by BLyTHe Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 pm

cheers! Ging-Ging! You made us more prouder of having you as part of the ever-growing FEWA and SULYAP Family. Fighting, Fighting, Fighting! (lolz)
BLyTHe
BLyTHe
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 08/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Our very own Ms. Regina Arquiza featured on Koreatimes! Empty Re: Our very own Ms. Regina Arquiza featured on Koreatimes!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:54 pm

wow! hanga hanga hanga

Back to top Go down

Post by marzy Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 pm

tagay
marzy
marzy
FEWA - Administrative Adviser
FEWA - Administrative Adviser

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 08/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by lumad Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Congratulations Ms.Regz
We are proud of you!!
! kambe ligaw
lumad
lumad
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 15/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by lyn Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:53 pm

YOU'RE REALLY INCREDIBLE... idol
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..MORE POWER
AND MORE SUCCESS..CHEERS!!! kambe
MISS U NA,SIS... halik

lyn
Mamamayan
Mamamayan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 08/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by goodheart Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:14 am

More blessings to Come Regz:) Congrats~~

tagay tagay tagay
goodheart
goodheart
Board Member
Board Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 11/06/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by rubiah Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:13 am

You are truly an inspiration to all of us. Godbless you more and may our Dear Lord continue to protect, guide and help you in everything you do.

Roses for you Mam Regz. ligaw

We're so proud of you!!! bounce

kambe
rubiah
rubiah
Baranggay Tanod
Baranggay Tanod

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 09/03/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by candy Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 am

wow...congrats and more power....God Bless.
candy
candy
Seosaengnim
Seosaengnim

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 14/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by enaj Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:08 pm

yan ang pinoy...congrats poh..god bless!!!
enaj
enaj
Baranggay Captain 1st Term
Baranggay Captain 1st Term

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 21/03/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Regz Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:49 am

Magandang araw po! Maraming maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat! I really do appreciate your support! =)

Mabuhay po ang lahat na mga Pilipino dito sa Korea! Mabuhay po ang SUlyapinoy!^^

Cheers,
Regina
Regz
Regz
Adviser
Adviser

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 12/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by amie sison Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:28 pm

congratulations ms. regz...

the best of being busy. see you!
amie sison
amie sison
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor

Number of posts : 2332
Registration date : 07/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down