SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intellectual Property Right... What's this?

3 posters

Go down

Intellectual Property Right... What's this? Empty Intellectual Property Right... What's this?

Post by ernie obias Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:52 pm

i am a neophyte in this website, as well as in the manner of posting/contributing some issues and information. however, as i browsed w/ different posts, issues and information, i observed something important and i believe quite alarming as a contributor in this website.
there are some issues and information which are relevant and informative, however, in the manner of publication, there is one thing that certain authors forgot to consider - intellectual property rights... how it was done? there are information here in website which are extracted exactly from a certain source (e.g., newspaper, other website, etc.) in which the original author or source were not quoted nor acknowledged... in writing aspect, it is very important to acknowledge or quote the source if you wish to publish it since you are not the original author - it is something "stealing" one's idea - which is the intellectual property rights of the original author/source, in short, plagiarism... this is important my fellow OFWs..
what is intellectual property rights? these are legal properties over creations of the mind, both artistic and commercial, the right to possess or control the use of intellectual property, such as trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, original creations... (source: wikipedia.org / www.ic.gc.ca)
let me share to you this example... there was this one professional organization in the Philippines who uploaded one certain issue in their website without quoting/acknowledging the original author/source. it happened that the original author read/viewed his work uploaded in that website. what the original author did was he called the attention of the organization by writing a formal complaint that if they will not make public apology and make any corrections on what they did, he will file a case against them - intellectual property right/plagiarism... and there is indeed a law on intellectual property rights...
i am sharing with you this information my dear OFWs for us to be aware of our responsibilities as a contributor/writer in certain topic... there is nothing wrong if you want to share information extracted from certain author/source as long as you will not forget to acknowledge or quote them...
i won't mention any topic/author here in website which caught my attention, it's for them/you to analyze the works published/uploaded in this website...
i hope this issue may help us and be responsible with what we are writing and publish. thank you...

ernie obias
Super Sipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 02/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Intellectual Property Right... What's this? Empty Re: Intellectual Property Right... What's this?

Post by zack Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Sir,

Thank you so much for the information you have shared regarding intellectual property rights. The people inside the Publication group are well aware of the issues surrounding intellectual property rights but as there are so many members who only wanted to share some interesting and good information to the community, some of them may have failed to acknowledge their sources.

Everything has been noted and soon we will post a guide for everyone to be aware on how to correctly post articles/works/etc of a certain author/source.

Also, we will give some examples on some works, etc in which it is ok to post them without a need of citing the source or author (e.g. youtube videos, as all embeded items are clickable and will redirect you to the original source) but they should be doing it in accordance to the rules of the source.

Sir, your comments are very much welcome and please do share informations which will help this site grow better.

As some of us are only at the start of our term here, we will need all the help we could get to improve this site. thanks again sir cheers
zack
zack
Root Admin
Root Admin

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 06/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Intellectual Property Right... What's this? Empty Re: Intellectual Property Right... What's this?

Post by candy Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:49 pm

wow...thank you for sharing,this is very 2 important information that we need to know.God Bless.
candy
candy
Seosaengnim
Seosaengnim

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 14/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ernie obias Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:05 pm

thank you for appreciating this information. to the people behind this website/sulyapinoy, i am here to be of help in any simple way i can do. oppps, sorry i did not intend to post this article in this section "laro tayo thru posting"? as i know this is irrelevant in this section, however i noticed it when i already published it, hihihi.. pardon me... the admin may transfer this article to the most relevant section of this website... thank you & more success!

ernie obias
Super Sipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 02/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down