SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

confusing passport renewal

3 posters

Go down

confusing passport renewal Empty confusing passport renewal

Post by al_don Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:45 am

I applied for passport renewal last jan.2009 at the Phil.Embassy Seoul. Pick-up date is on March and was instructed to call them first to verify if my passport already arrived. Upon confirmation that it was already there, I went at the Phil.Embassy to get my "newly renewed passport" and to my surprise, the data's are correct but the picture wasn't me. They told me that my photo had been mixed-up by another person bearing the same name as mine. I told them that I badly needed my new passport in time for my visa expiration and re-employement and my sajang is just waiting for my renewed passport so he can process my papers. They promised me that they will send back immmediately my "confusing passport" and I can have it after two weeks (note: they gave me and all those who are renewing their passport when I went their last january around 44 days to come back and claim our passport). So after twenty days (of the promised two weeks), they called me and informed me that my "new passport" already arrived. So I went there today (April 3) to pick it up. After focusing first on my picture if indeed it was me, I scrolled down my eyes on the data's with some light reflections catching my eyes because new passport are seemingly glossy. I said yes it was ok and upon cancellation of my old passport I noticed that one letter is missing in my middle name because the letter "T" is supposedly to be followed by the letter "I" and since the Font they used in typing the letter '"T" is with a small lines in both sides that's why I haven't noticed instantly that there's a mistake again in my passport. After some conversation again, I asked them if it is possible to receive my passport before the end of this month (April). My visa will expire on May 15. I am no longer interested as who's to blame for that second mistake, they told me maybe it was THEM (DFA) or THEY (Phil.Embassy), but whether THEY or THEM, the end result is it was ME who is being affected. To think that one of the objectives for having a readable passport is for us bearer to be more secure, not "insecure". Is there still a possibility to process my re-employement in two weeks time in case my passpot arrived on or before the end of this month (April), but what if it did not arrive on time. I do hope that someone out there could help me or give me some suggestions regarding my dilemma. Thank you and to Sulyapinoy.

al_don
Mamamayan
Mamamayan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 03/04/2009

Back to top Go down

confusing passport renewal Empty Re: confusing passport renewal

Post by dave Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:08 pm

I applied for passport renewal last jan.2009 at the Phil.Embassy Seoul. Pick-up date is on March and was instructed to call them first to verify if my passport already arrived. Upon confirmation that it was already there, I went at the Phil.Embassy to get my "newly renewed passport" and to my surprise, the data's are correct but the picture wasn't me. They told me that my photo had been mixed-up by another person bearing the same name as mine. I told them that I badly needed my new passport in time for my visa expiration and re-employement and my sajang is just waiting for my renewed passport so he can process my papers. They promised me that they will send back immmediately my "confusing passport" and I can have it after two weeks (note: they gave me and all those who are renewing their passport when I went their last january around 44 days to come back and claim our passport). So after twenty days (of the promised two weeks), they called me and informed me that my "new passport" already arrived. So I went there today (April 3) to pick it up. After focusing first on my picture if indeed it was me, I scrolled down my eyes on the data's with some light reflections catching my eyes because new passport are seemingly glossy. I said yes it was ok and upon cancellation of my old passport I noticed that one letter is missing in my middle name because the letter "T" is supposedly to be followed by the letter "I" and since the Font they used in typing the letter '"T" is with a small lines in both sides that's why I haven't noticed instantly that there's a mistake again in my passport. After some conversation again, I asked them if it is possible to receive my passport before the end of this month (April). My visa will expire on May 15. I am no longer interested as who's to blame for that second mistake, they told me maybe it was THEM (DFA) or THEY (Phil.Embassy), but whether THEY or THEM, the end result is it was ME who is being affected. To think that one of the objectives for having a readable passport is for us bearer to be more secure, not "insecure". Is there still a possibility to process my re-employement in two weeks time in case my passpot arrived on or before the end of this month (April), but what if it did not arrive on time. I do hope that someone out there could help me or give me some suggestions regarding my dilemma. Thank you and to Sulyapinoy.
hello kabayang al_don,
first of all i am sorry if our reply is quite late already... hindi ko kasi nakita agad yung post mo kasi you've posted it in a wrong forum category... and by the way, please be informed that i moved your post at EPS: Q&A Category/Section...

regarding sa problem mo, i am sorry for the "poor services" you've experienced during your passport renewal at the Phil. Embassy in Seoul... i just hope that the embassy have already corrected their poor procedure to avoid same occurrences in the future...

but in your experience, i hope it will also serve as a REMINDER AND LESSON'S LEARNED TO EACH AND EVERYONE... that considering the new passport renewal process which takes longer period of time to complete, WE SHOULD START RENEWING IT IF VALIDITY IS LESS THAN 6-MONTHS ALREADY expecially if we're scheduled to renew our Visa to prevent any major issues if there are unexpected delays will happen during renewal...

anyway, just make sure to get your new passport before May... tell your employer that he can still process your re-employment even 2-weeks before your Visa expires...

but i suggest... tell your employer na mag sign-up na kayo ng contract ngayon para sigurado na ang reemployment mo... then pwede mo rin sabihin sa amo mo na try to call the Labor Office if pwede bang mag-apply ng rehire kahit wala pa ang passport mo... baka pwede, kasi sa tingin ko need lang ang passport sa immigration office... so in that case, baka pwede na rin kayo makakuha ng certificate of re-employment sa Labor Office...

try nyo lang... salamat...
dave
dave
FEWA - Administrative Adviser
FEWA - Administrative Adviser

Number of posts : 1567
Cellphone no. : 010-9294-4365
Registration date : 11/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by suzuki125 Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:20 pm

SHARE KO LANG YONG EXPERIENCE KO...
REGARDING SA RENEWAL NG VISA/CONTRACT...
ANG EXPIRATION NG VISA/CONTRACT KO IS NOV. 20, 2008 (1st YEAR)...
HUMINGI AKO NG 10MANWON NA INCREASE...
AYAW IBIGAY SO DI MUNA AKO PUMIRMA NG CONTRACT...
RELEASE NYO NA LANG AKO SABI KO...
NOV. 18, 2008 KINA-USAP AKO...
ANG IBIBIGAY LANG SA AKIN AY 5MANWON AT TATAAS NAMAN DAW ANG BASIC NGAYON 2009...
SO TINANGAP KO NA... (CRISIS HIRAP MAGHANAP NG WORK)
KINAHAPUNAN NAGPUNTA KAMI NG LABOR...

ANG POINT KO DITO...
MARAMI PA KAYONG ORAS PARA MAAYOS ANG RE-EMPLOYMENT AT VISA MO...
WHAG KANG MAG-ALALA BOSSING...
PRAY LANG NA MAKUHA MO ANG PASSPORT MO SA MAY 3, 2009...

MAG RERENEW DIN AKO NG PASSPORT KO SA SUNDAY...
SANA DI RIN MAGKAMALI ANG DFA O ANG EMBASSY... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

suzuki125
suzuki125
Kagalang-galang na Mamamayan
Kagalang-galang na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 20/03/2008

Back to top Go down

confusing passport renewal Empty thanks

Post by al_don Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:52 am

thank you for the encouragement...cyencia n nligaw pla ung post ko hehe...na-i-share nga rin nun isa chingu ko na ung re-employement nya nung inaayos ng amo nya is 5days nlang b4 mag xpire visa nya...thnks also sa suggestion na pede nrin cguro ayusin na rin ung reemplyment...i'll just post new dev't soon... Smile

al_don
Mamamayan
Mamamayan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 03/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down