SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be Grateful to God

4 posters

Go down

Be Grateful to God Empty Be Grateful to God

Post by cherryl Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:57 am

Many times in our lives we forget or don`t actually even try to stop for a while and say a prayer of thanks to the Almighty. We are only good at accepting and enjoying the blessings that befall us. We don`t even try to think how on earth were we able to have all these things that surround us.

I still do remember the times when work was hard to find and i got not enough cash in my pocket to sustain me for the coming months. It was during those times when i tried to sort out the material things that i have and later found out that I am not really bankcrupt like what i thought I was. Oh, thank God! And when I looked beyond those material things, I also found out that there are actually more important things that I should be thankful for. And this made me sit down to think for a while.

What happened to me? Was I too busy to even thank God for all the blessings that He bestow me everyday? Yes I thanked Him for the food that I ate, the work that I had, and for His being with me everyday. Did I thank Him in my prayers for the wind, the sun, the water and even the air that I breathe? No! Did I thanked Him for the heat that He provides me in winter and the cool wind in the hot summer? I guess not. How about the true friends that He gave me, the support I get from my family and other people, the opportunities that make me grow as a person, small things like the time to sit down infront of my laptop and browse the internet sites, the free movies that I watch, the good times that I spend with good people, my safety on my trips to church, friends, market, job site, home, etc., my health, my sanity, my being physically fit and all the blessings that I enjoy everyday, yet I didn`t care less to be thankful to God(?).

Lately, I finally found a work. God sent someone to help me find a source of income. And I was really thankful to God for giving me another chance to earn and save more. But then and again, I can`t help but to shake my head when I think about our nature as a human, of not being grateful for the other blessings aside from financial or material things.

It is true that life is hard when we don`t have enough money to buy our needs. But money is not the only thing that can sustain us. There are much more that we need which money can`t buy. And we can be happy and still feel blessed with a few thousands in our pockets. The peace, love and warmth of our home are enough to keep our us and our families happy.

There is much more to be thankful for. A lot that I failed to mention. In everything that will come our way, let us give a minute of prayer to the One who provides us all that we need. It pays to be grateful. It pays to praise Him who never fails to be with us, watching us, keeping us in His love and care.

For all that I had, for all that I have, and for all that He will bless me, I want to thank God for all of these. For without Him, I am nothing.
cherryl
cherryl
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 06/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Be Grateful to God Empty Re: Be Grateful to God

Post by amie sison Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:41 pm

As far as my faith is concern your essay makes my spirit lifted. Keep posting your collection. Thank you!
amie sison
amie sison
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor

Number of posts : 2332
Registration date : 07/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cherryl Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:55 pm

I wrote this when I was jobless. It was actually a breakthrough: that there are other blessings more precious than our finances. God bless!
cherryl
cherryl
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikEL Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:36 pm

galing2x naman

mabuhay ka...
mikEL
mikEL
Primero Baranggay Councilor
Primero Baranggay Councilor

Number of posts : 356
Cellphone no. : 01051787412
Registration date : 19/06/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cherryl Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Thanks po! I owe it all to God..sa kanya galing yung wisdom ko nung sinulat ko ito...
cherryl
cherryl
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joel Tavarro Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 pm

FOR WITHOUT HIM, I AM NOTHING......nakakabless naman
Iyan ang words na masarap basahin at gusto kong
pinag-uusapan siya dahil sa kanyang kabutihan.
Thanks for sharing......

ligaw ligaw ligaw
Joel Tavarro
Joel Tavarro
Kagalang-galang na Mamamayan
Kagalang-galang na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 151
Location : Seongseok dong Ilsan dong-gu, Goyang si Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Cellphone no. : 00000000007
Registration date : 13/08/2008

Back to top Go down