SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Near Vs. Far

4 posters

Go down

Near Vs. Far Empty Near Vs. Far

Post by cherryl Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:40 am

Near Vs. Far
(among all of my essays, this one has been my favorite because of the experiences I had in SKorea.~ Cherryl)

When there are so many things, people and events around you, you can never tell what and who is right or wrong unless you come close in contact with them and see what the heck is going on. Only then will you be able to see the details you were not able to keenly observe when you were still at a distance.

It is by coming closely into things, people and events that you become acquainted, familiarized and know more of them...the truth. Nearness to their presence gives you the first-hand information you are longing for. You can see even the smallest details and put up a direct connection as you unearth what is still there to discover. Sometimes, even the unexpected will just pop up right infront of you. Just being there closely provides you the good, the best and even the unexpected and the worst.

On the other side, distance block you from seeing the truth . Distance block you from putting up a connection so you could feel in your heart what these things, people and events can bring into your life. Being far provides you only the general package which you can not unwrap to see the reality and the truth. Distance offers pictures that are vague, hard to discern and ponder upon. Those that suddenly pop up are unseen.

While it is true that coming real close to things, people and events unlock doubts, uncover secrets, unearth what is hidden , reveal what is true and unwrap reality...sometimes, I can say being far can also provide you rest, refuge, peace and serenity.

Oftentimes, it is really good to know the truth by yourself. But at times, I can say it hurts. Knowing the truth about betrayal, dishonesty, character assassination and hypocrisy can make anybody mad, sad, regret and wish a ton of things inluding a time machine to get back at the time when these things, people and events were not yet there.
cherryl
cherryl
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 06/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Near Vs. Far Empty Re: Near Vs. Far

Post by amie sison Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:43 pm

Hope to meet you soon! Thank you for your essay. It's so meaningful.

Last edited by amie sison on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
amie sison
amie sison
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor

Number of posts : 2332
Registration date : 07/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizer Penaranda Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:32 am

Full of substance which can surely inspire everyone, welcome to sulyap' family Ms. Cherryl.
Elizer Penaranda
Elizer Penaranda
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 14/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cherryl Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:55 am

Thanks! More power to Sulyapinoy!
cherryl
cherryl
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Back to top Go down

Post by angel Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:48 pm

being near or far has many advantages and disadvantages, it depends upon the situation and the person itself. to other people sometimes it good to be near but to some its better to be far away literally.
the truth really hurts if it's not in favor of the person who discovered the truth but eventhough it caused a lot of pain it can lead or can make the person much even stronger. just be optimistic. in this world you can meet a lot of people, with different attitudes, good and bad, all we have to do is to ask for God's guidance. Ask Him always to show us the right path and everything will follow.

personally i don't know you and honestly my first impression to some of your comments here is not that good, but it doesn't mean that i will not like your articles...ms. cherryl thanks for sharing this article....keep it up
angel
angel
Board Member
Board Member

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 19/04/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by cherryl Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:47 pm

We all have our own impressions on other people..and we are all entitled to it. Sometimes, truth hurts, just like comments. Again, we all have our own opinions, which others may like, or not.

As the articles goes, we only know the real thing (truth) by coming close to them, but sometimes being far can keep us away from the unlikables, the unpleasant and the indifferent.

It`s not a big deal with me wether you personally know me or not Ms. Angel, and also your impression with my comments. I`m just being honest and that`s how it goes. If you are a part of the literary world, such comments, reviews and edits are common. They are part of our growth as writers, be it a constructive or destructive one. They come along the way.It only depends how we take them. Then probably, we`ll learn. But thanks anyway for appreciating my articles. I know you have a good writing potential, keep it up! And keep posting!

Let Sulyapinoy be the home of the literary advocates. Share and have fun!
cherryl
cherryl
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: