SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is...

+5
chayen
WebAdmin
goodheart
amie sison
Elizer Penaranda
9 posters

Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is...

Post by Elizer Penaranda Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:16 pm

The Subway

c'est la vie

by Elizer Penaranda
(Published in Sambayanan dated April 22,2007)

“The train is now arriving. Please wait behind the yellow line.” bounce

We’ve been traveling around Seoul and nearby provinces thru this convenient and accessible means-the subway. Who has not been transported yet by it? Imagine our stay here, visit to our friends, work and church commitments without it. It is definitely an alternative means to help us travel from one place to another in this ‘journey’. The subway has become not just part of our lives but more than of what we think of.

The Subway Map
Like our plans, we look carefully and decide thoroughly on how to get to our place the soonest. It’s quite difficult to cope with this fast changing world. Everything changes like values, beliefs and even friends. While the pace of change keeps accelerating, no one knows exactly what would happen for tomorrow. The future doesn’t just happen; we create it through our plans and actions. Opportunities or danger lies ahead. So, we need to make far-sighted plans. Nobody is exempted in the process of change for it is inevitable. We must plan out our future constructively.

The Stairs and Escalators
They require extra effort and comfort on our way. They are the ups and downs that we usually encounter in achieving our goals toward success. On the other hand, failures spice up our lives intensively for we learned a lot from them. They make us stronger. Like in the world of sports, it’s not a matter of winning or losing the game. It is on ‘how’ we play the game. Once we start playing, finish it. Surely, we gain success.

The Transfers
Offer us an opportunity to change our destination like in our career in which we need to leave something for us to do, as we think, some improvements. Is this really the nature of man, the nature of endless desire? Most of us would probably feel dissatisfied though we’re earning more than a million Won. No matter how much we earn, still, we want some more. Why are we continuously unhappy with what we have and who we are? How can we be happy if we depend much on our lust for earthly goods? We need to remove the lust within us and it needs time and practice.

The Passengers
The people whom we learn a lot are usually from different walks of life. There are some who are approachable from whom we can ask for some help especially about our destination once we’re lost. Some might not even look at us for they simply don’t care. In spite of our differences, there’s one word that binds us all, love. To many of us, love means everything. We’re happy when in love and depressed if unloved. No word is more romantic than love. But problems usually arise when it is identified with selfishness and jealousy. Too many people seek to posses their love ones like property. But this attitude can jeopardize the relationship. Always remember that love is mutual understanding and affection.

The Eight Destination Lines
They provide us different lifestyles for us to choose. Which line would be the fastest to our destination? For there’s no one responsible for all the things we’re doing. We have the capacity to decide which one is good or evil. We’re given these choices for us to enjoy the merits of good deeds and face the consequences of our mistakes.

Lastly the ticket reminds us that we cannot really stay longer inside for it is to be returned back. Just like our journey in the subway which is time bounded, life should be surrendered. It doesn’t belong to us; it’s God’s.

Life is a long journey. We need to ride with pride and dignity. No matter how distant we’ve gone so far, there will be the final destination that awaits us. When would it possibly be? Well, it’s up to Him who gave us life as well as wisdom. In time, we’ll be grateful to face and leave our legacy of what we’ve made on the subway of life.

Now, do you exactly know where your exit is? Basketball

Last edited by ize on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elizer Penaranda
Elizer Penaranda
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 14/02/2008

Back to top Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty wow!

Post by amie sison Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:28 pm

the article is really impressive...thank you!
amie sison
amie sison
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor
SULYAPINOY Literary Section Editor

Number of posts : 2332
Registration date : 07/02/2008

Back to top Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty Gangbyeon station (green line)

Post by Elizer Penaranda Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Ang Gangbyeon station po ang di ko malilimutang istasyon sa subway dahil first tym ko po makita ang subway! Excited pa nga ako...promdi baga! tawa
Elizer Penaranda
Elizer Penaranda
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 14/02/2008

Back to top Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty well written

Post by goodheart Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:31 am

Well written:)
goodheart
goodheart
Board Member
Board Member

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 11/06/2008

Back to top Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty Re: subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is...

Post by WebAdmin Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:01 pm

hahaha ako sa noksapyeong, kasi kasi Very Happy hehehe

WebAdmin
Isa Kang Maginoo
Isa Kang Maginoo

Number of posts : 233
Cellphone no. : Seoul
Registration date : 06/02/2008

Back to top Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty Re: subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is...

Post by chayen Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:27 am

tnx po,nalilito pa rim me sa subway Sad
chayen
chayen
Senador
Senador

Number of posts : 2595
Cellphone no. : 01068700669
Registration date : 04/06/2008

Back to top Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty subway of life

Post by nick Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:11 pm

i know where the exit is... but not sure what it leads.. Sad still im standing behindthe yellow line... Neutral

nick
Tapat na Mamamayan
Tapat na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 14/06/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by puds Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Nice article.

We all want the best in life. But sometimes the path that we choose is not exactly the way we want.
What's important is we know how to accept failures and difficulties in life.
In the long journey of life, GOD knows what is best for us.

Pero...........
sa Suwon po ako eexit, baka kc mapalayo ako sa tinitirhan ko pg sa iba ko napaexit. heheh Laughing
puds
puds
Masipag na Mamamayan
Masipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 13/04/2008

Back to top Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty ako sa kkachisan

Post by _Angelica_ Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:31 pm

mahirap minsan sa subway pag maraming tao mabahong bawang... Evil or Very Mad
_Angelica_
_Angelica_
Super Sipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 19/06/2008

Back to top Go down

subway enjoy!My Unforgettable subway station is... Empty pede makisabay sayo sa subway?

Post by Edge Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:56 pm

hehehehe Very Happy
Edge
Edge
Super Sipag na Mamamayan

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 12/06/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down