SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act

4 posters

Go down

MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act Empty MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act

Post by dave Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Fellow OFWs in South Korea:

Please Click Here for the complete copy of the MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on the Foreign Workers Employment Act.

Please be noted that this is just a proposed bill and still to be passed on the Cabinet Meeting then to be forwarded to the National Assembly for final approval.

Expected implementation of the said bill if approved by the National Assembly will be on April, 2009.

So, to be clear to all... this announcement will serve as an advance information only.

Thank you!

Last edited by misterdj on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:50 pm; edited 7 times in total
dave
dave
FEWA - Administrative Adviser

Number of posts : 1567
Cellphone no. : 010-9294-4365
Registration date : 11/02/2008

Back to top Go down

MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act Empty Re: MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act

Post by WebAdmin Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:24 pm

Dapat ma clear na agad ito, hehehe
here are some of my observations:

1. the news in koreaherald pointed out that it will be implemented somewhere around April 2009.
2. The day after that news came out, the news in koreatimes said it will start in july 28, 2008.
3. If the news in koreatimes is incorrect, why did MOL posted the news at thier site.
4. Even the preliminary proposal posted by MOL which was created July 8 doesn't mention anything about its implementation on April 2009.
5. So, it is possible that it has been quickly presented and decided, but with the timeframe, it is better to assume it will be implemented on april 2009.
6. So i suggest, we clear this issue by contacting a reliable source inside MOL, as because the news that came out in koreatimes are posted not only in sulyap but in websites like the phil embassy korea website and at MOL website itself, not including the forums frequented by many pinoys here in Korea.
7. Any suggestion guys?

WebAdmin
Isa Kang Maginoo
Isa Kang Maginoo

Number of posts : 233
Cellphone no. : Seoul
Registration date : 06/02/2008

Back to top Go down

MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act Empty Re: MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act

Post by dave Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:37 pm

here is my simple analysis... if we will read Cho Ji-hyun's report at The Korea Herald, it was clearly stated there that he interviewed some Korean government officials...

also, he mentioned that the purpose of this preliminary announcement is intended to gather public opinions. refer below quoted paragraph...

Public opinions on the revised bill will be collected over the coming 20 days. After being passed in a Cabinet meeting, the bill will be submitted to the National Assembly for approval before taking effect presumably in April next year.
one more thing, if this bill is already approved, there must be an implementation date to be included in the MOL preliminary announcement...

thus, i believe on the Korea Herald's news... and to avoid mis-interpretations and confusion, I strongly suggest that we must not expect 100% that this revised bill will be totally implemented unless MOL will announce its official statement regarding the implementation...
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by WebAdmin Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:50 pm

misterdj wrote:here is my simple analysis... if we will read Cho Ji-hyun's report at The Korea Herald, it was clearly stated there that he interviewed some Korean government officials...

also, he mentioned that the purpose of this preliminary announcement is intended to gather public opinions. refer below quoted paragraph...

Public opinions on the revised bill will be collected over the coming 20 days. After being passed in a Cabinet meeting, the bill will be submitted to the National Assembly for approval before taking effect presumably in April next year.
one more thing, if this bill is already approved, there must be an implementation date to be included in the MOL preliminary announcement...

thus, i believe on the Korea Herald's news... and to avoid mis-interpretations and confusion, I strongly suggest that we must not expect 100% that this revised bill will be totally implemented unless MOL will announce its official statement regarding the implementation...

yes, i agree with you, but it seems that no one takes time to compare this news but us, so what i really am saying is, even if we have this analysis, we should have a direct answer from someone inside MOL if possible to clear this things up, so as we could start correcting this news credibly not only here but on some websites and forums as well because people are starting spreading the news to other pinoys form those sites.

WebAdmin
Isa Kang Maginoo
Isa Kang Maginoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:38 am

yes, i agree with you, but it seems that no one takes time to compare this news but us, so what i really am saying is, even if we have this analysis, we should have a direct answer from someone inside MOL if possible to clear this things up, so as we could start correcting this news credibly not only here but on some websites and forums as well because people are starting spreading the news to other pinoys form those sites.
offcourse, SULYAPINOY is now trying its best to confirm with MOL about this matter but we cannot do that in a single day... what i have emphasized to our valued forum readers is to carefully understand the whole information before spreading the news to others that may give mis-interpretation or confusions to everyone... we have already experienced that in Hyehwadong... information have spread out without any official statement from the incharged agencies... to be safe and not to be blamed of possible false information, let us always wait the official statement by the MOL...

once I get reply from MOL, i'll immediately post it here. so to all, please keep posted...

thank you...
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by WebAdmin Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:17 am

that's good, emailed them also last night, lets just wait for their reply Smile

PS

i've splitted the topic to give emphasis on the pdf file above, for people to be able to read it. especially those who have missed the exchanges of comments.

The original thread is located here

WebAdmin
Isa Kang Maginoo
Isa Kang Maginoo

Back to top Go down

MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act Empty SPREAD d nEWS???

Post by marzy Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:52 pm

I agree with you guys sir ZACK & sir DAVE .THe news has started to spread, some of our kababayans are already asking about this revision. It is really important to ask someone from the Ministry of labor Office & from the Philippine Embass(POLO) to clear this things out...Keep it UP... What a Face
marzy
marzy

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 08/02/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by WebAdmin Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 am

there are news that there are letters sent to factories just this morning, it says that the start of the 5 yr plan starts on january. If you know someone whose company received a copy, try and get a hold of it. i will try to ask my friend if he can give us a copy this sunday, if he is free.

WebAdmin
Isa Kang Maginoo
Isa Kang Maginoo

Back to top Go down

MOL Preliminary Announcement about the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act Empty Latest update about 5-Years Stay in South Korea (current hottest issue)

Post by dave Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Fellow Migrant Workers in South Korea:

I have called-up the Ministry of Labor (MOL) Workers Hotline at 2:00 PM, today (Aug. 4) to ask about the implementation of the Revised Bill on Foreign Workers Employment Act allowing foreign workers especially the EPS to stay up to 5 years in South Korea instead of going home for a month after 3-years of contract and come back to Korea after getting rehired by their respective employers.

The Ministry of Labor have confirmed that this revised bill is not yet implemented contrary to the news articles published at different professional media intitutions and information circulated by different sources that it is already implemented on July 28.

When asked about the implementation date, the MOL cannot confirm yet at this time because the revised bill is still under review and for approval by the National Assembly.

It is therefore that the SULYAPINOY as an independent publication aiming to provide accurate and credible news to our fellow migrant workers in South Korea would like to inform everyone that the said revised bill is definitely not yet implemented.

More updates and details of the said revised bill will be posted here immediately once available.

Sincerely,
Dondave Jabay
SULYAPINOY Managing Editor and Board Vice-Chairman
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by WebAdmin Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:25 pm

good job sir!!

can u create a new thread for this announcement for it to appear on our portal as a new news.
people might not be able to read the same thread again.

idol

WebAdmin
Isa Kang Maginoo
Isa Kang Maginoo

Back to top Go down

Post by dave Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:55 pm

noted sir... thanks to your good suggestion.
dave
dave

Back to top Go down

Post by neon_rq Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:13 pm

salamat sa info ha.....

more power
neon_rq
neon_rq
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Number of posts : 2223
Cellphone no. : 01027497446
Registration date : 08/06/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down