SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Hello Kabayan:

Welcome to our very informative Forum Website.

Questions related to Korean labor laws and policies, comments and suggestions on issues concerning Filipino migrant workers, announcements, literary works, news and personal opinion are welcome here...

So what are you waiting for... Sign-up now!

Sincerely,

SULYAPINOY WebAdmin
SULYAPINOY Online Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles

4 posters

Go down

Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles Empty Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles

Post by freakish_alien Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:37 pm

I dont know who's the author, who's to pay tribute and all the who's who with this article. All i know is somebody sent this email to my inbox and stored it to my pc tru the help of doc format 4 years ago, and i duhhhh found this to my documents folder and want to share this to the man behind this, the bright man who made this site possible... and to all SODT and Grace Fikingas (my former editor) who introduced this site to my browser... this article helps me to put things in much brighter perspective (been there... done that...)

to you master, webguru.. kudos and all my praises.. FYI: don't let the street bug bite you... LOL ... People of sulyapinoy.org just want to share this....

here it goes!!!!

Pride and Sacrifice : When the webmaster stumbles
Author : Unknown

They say you can know a great deal about a webmaster through his works. Perhaps people would profess to interpret me, or understand me. If so, then let this article be a bombshell.

Some people know me as a guru, master of cyberspace or a critic who value sound insights or a person who would merely nitpick on their work. The others, I don’t know.

I bloomed late into web design. I was just beginning to work then. I was the silent type who hardly ever shared thoughts to his friends, more often keeping them for himself. I still am the same person.

I make design out of passion. Well, I used to. In some website that I made, I have experienced being appreciated, thanked, praised, and even spat upon. I have experienced eager surfers, concerned visitors, passive netizen’s, and lost people. I’m glad that in time, a number of people came to enjoy my works. Soon praise and respect poured in, and I became thankful.

But later, amidst the gratitude, I became greedy with the flood of kudos. Slowly, I wanted more people to appreciate (sic) me for my skills. A “satisfaction” enveloped in perverted contentment. I realized I was drowning in my own egocentric tribute.

That is wrong, very wrong.

In the middle of all that, I had mislaid my vision, my original motive as a webmaster. My passion, bit by bit, was distorted. The old happiness I possessed was twisted into something hideous and unruly by no other entity than pride. I realized that pride does not succumb to a leash; it does not do tricks. Neither can it be switched on and off at a person’s desire.

In all the muddle of “fame and stardom”, I had forgotten my passion’s source - God. My skills is a gift, meant for His glory, devoid of selfishness and conceit. But I have misused it, and now, I have to begin all over again.

Crucial turning points like this are rare, and so are solutions. So rare that making a bare choice constipates my heart, churning it like salt grains on a mortar. I believe that fervour, fuelled by unfitting motives, is more dangerous than flaccidity of the craft. And so, I have chosen the most straightforward solution out of my dilemma. It is to bear humility and reject pride at every perturbation.

I have lost the vision and I must regain it to live.

I desire the day that I would make a website without a single tinge of pride. I yearn for the day that I would pour myself in humility despite lofty remarks. I long for the day when I can nurture this art without being inhibited by self-interest. Perhaps, someday…

Gardeners believe that for a bonsai to attain its desired form, it must be pruned, despite regrets of losing a few branches. Thus the painful struggle goes on, as another stumbled webmaster dreads the most gruelling decision of all.

[i]To abstain from basic html.

Last edited by freakish_alien on Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:12 pm; edited 5 times in total

freakish_alien
Mamamayan
Mamamayan

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 19/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles Empty KUDOS!!!

Post by reeve Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:08 pm

KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I SALUTE YOU SIR !!!!!!!!
reeve
reeve
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 02/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles Empty Re: Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles

Post by crazy_kim Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 pm

thanks for sharing this to us!!!
crazy_kim
crazy_kim
Senador
Senador

Number of posts : 2579
Registration date : 04/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles Empty A Tribute to Sambayanan Online Dev't Team (2001)

Post by cordilove Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 pm

This is cordilove from www.sambayanihan-korea.blogspot.com and www.cbo-korea.blogspot.com sharing you a piece that have touched my innermost self. As a blogger, I felt so elated! I'm so humbled by the gesture of freakish_alien. (Congratulations to the people behind this successful SULYAPINOY SITE ... smile my friend Eleazar, job well done and keep up the good works!)

PINTUAN: Magsabata't Palayain ang Isipan
Hindi sinadya ang pagkakakilala natin. O maaari nga, hindi ko rin masasabi. Basta ang alam ko, naging malaking tulong kayo sa unti-unti kong pag-ahon . Parang isang salamangka ang nangyaring pagtatagpo, kaybilis ng mga pangyayari.

Ang mga alaala ng tagpong iyon ang nagbibigay sa akin ng damdamin ng kasiyahan, pagsisisi, at pagkatakot. Minsa'y nagdalawang isip ako sa maaaring mangyari na naglaalaro sa isip ko at maaari akong magkamali kung itutuloy ko ang bawat naisin ko.

Subalit sa kabila ng kaliwa't kanang pag-aalinlangan, sa bawat desisyong nais kong gawin, sa bawat daang nais kong tahakin ay lagi kayong nakagabay sa akin. Hindi ko alam kung bakit n'yo ito ginagawa para sa akin; wala akong maisip na dahilan kung bakit. Pero nang mga panahong iyon, sapat na sa akin ang malaman kong naririyan kayo kung kakailanganin, at gayon din naman kung kayo ay mangailangan ng tulong ko.

Namistulang mga bata tayo'ng nakulong sa loob ng isang kwarto at dooy samu't saring kwento ng buhay ang ating tinilakay. Bawat isay may kani-kaniyang hinagpis at pagkabigo. Mga kwento tungkol ke Nikki, ni Quile, ni Mamaw at ni Urot ay siyang laging nangingibabaw sa ating mga kwentuhan. Hanggang sa kabila ng mga hinagpis ay napagdesisyunan natin gumawa ng pintuan, ang pintuang imunungkahi natin sa ating Kura Paroko, at dooy nagsimula ang paglilimbag , ang pangarap na makabuo ng pintaung naging isa sa instrumento na magdadala ng salita ni Amang at sama-samang hinagpis ng ating iba pang kaalyado.

Sa pagbuo ng pintuan ay kaydami nating kinaharap, una naging problema ay kung ano desenyo, kung anong uri ng pintuan ang dapat at kailangan ng ating kaalyado. Maselan ang bawat isa at tila may mataas na panlasa sa kung anong i-uukit at sa pagdating sa desenyo ay ibat-ibang ideya ang pumapasok sa atin. Subalit napagkasundan ang kulang bughaw dahil para sa atin ito ang s’yang simbolo ni Ama at puti ay simbolo ng kapayapaan na sya'ng ating hinhangad at isa sa ating motibo ay ang maging instrumento upang maisulong ang pagkakakisa ng ating mga kaalyado.

Siyempre nilagyan din ito ng matibay at makintab na door nob at nilatagan din natin malinis na door mat upang kung sakaling may pumasok ay makita kaagad nila ang ating pinapangarap at naisin. Sa kabila ng pagbuo ay nalaman din natin na kailangan pala itong bantayan. Kailangan pala nating itutok ang ating ibang oras upang malaman natin kung ano pa ang nais at kagustuhan ng ating kaalyado. Hanggang sa ma-enkwentro natin ang nakakalumong mga puna, panlalait na siya naman lalong nagbigay sa atin upang dagdagan pa ang ating kaalaman sa pagpipinta at pag-ukit ng magandang pintuan. Tuloy ang ating layag at pagtuklas ng kakaibang mga desenyo, mga titik na maari nating maging kwaderno.

At ngayon ang ating pagkakaibigan ay dumako na sa isa pang kabanata ng ating buhay; sa isang bahagi ng kapatirang relasyon, natutuwa ako't walang anumang nagbago sa pakikitungo natin sa isa't isa. Nais kong magpasalamat sapagkat kayo'y nagsilbing inspirasyon ko sa bawat gawain at hangarin ko, na nagbigay ng lakas ng loob sa mga panahong ako'y nanghina, sa mga pagkakataong halos wala nang pundasyon akong maisip. Sa mga pagkakataon namistula akong html format na kulang sa debugging.

Salamat dahil kayo ang naging liwanag sa kawalan ng araw, buwan at bituin sa langit. Kayo ang naging tamis sa pait at asim ng buhay. Kayo ang naging ngiti sa mga labi at noong nakakunot dahil sa pagkairita o sama ng loob. Kayo ang nagbigay ng pandinig at paningin sa pusong nagbingi-bingihan at nagbulag-bulagan sa mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa paligid.

Ngunit higit sa lahat, salamat, dahil kayo ay naging kayo, dahil minahal n'yo ako bilang kaibigan, tulong tulong tayo sa pagtukalas ng mga bagay, mga pangyayari, mga karanasan na maari nating ibahagi at i-ukit sa ating binabatayang pintuan. Hindi man tayo mga eksperto ay may kakayahan naman tayong tumuklas......

Bukas muli tayong magsabata't, tuklasin ang wastong pagbanbantay sa pintuang ating pinagsumikapang maukit...

(This amazing piece was authored by JUN REYES TORRANO, former Sambayanan Online Webmaster way back 2001 (i forgot the exact date!). He just opened (March 15, 2008) his Bagahe from Korea which he left closed for 4 years determined to keep the past behind. But lo and behold, once a webmaster is always a webmaster! He opened the box with his computer intact. Obsolete na! The good thing is, all of his articles are still there. Thanks to google daw.

The above article caught me offhand. I was so touched and blessed! I didn't realize by then how much impact I had on him. For this, I can only say, GO GO GO Jun, keep on writing to your heart's desire and make a difference in this beautiful world!

Jun a.k.a freakish_alien (from Ibaan, Batangas), is now a writer with Ani 32 : The Global Pinoy - a project of Cultural Center of the Philippines literary division. sunny

:hug: Nikki and Quile (should be Kiel) are my children, so young then, now 13 and 10 years olds respectively.)

cordilove
Mamamayan
Mamamayan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 03/03/2008

Back to top Go down

Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles Empty Re: Pride and Sacrifice: When the webmaster stumbles

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down